Cheesy spinach lasagna

Vegetable lasagna has been one of my favorite pasta.In Mangalore, we get the best lasagna in Diesel cafe.So keeping that dish in mind I created this recipe today by referring few recipes books.And believe me it was fingerlicking good filled with the goodness of cheese.Our house was surrounded with the aroma of cheese and the dish was very tempting.If you love Italian food I'm sure you'll love this dish.You may make your own filling of your choice.You may also add mushrooms or broccoli  in this dish. Nonveg filling will also do fine for the nonveg food lovers.I used Spar brand Lasagna sheets which my friend Lakshmi had brought from Botswana and it did not need prior cooking and I was a bit scared,but it cooked perfect and texture came out good.



Ingredients:
Lasagna sheets-9
Pasta sauce-3-4 tbsp(I used  Delmonte Arrabbiata sauce)
Onions-2,cut lengthwise
Spinach-1 bunch,washed and chopped
Mixed herbs-1 tsp
Garlic powder-1 tsp
Chilly flakes-1 tsp
Salt-to taste
For garnish-
Mozzarella cheese-1,grated(100 g)
Cheddar cheese-1,grated(100 g)
For the cream sauce:
Fresh cream-1 cup(I used Amul)
Cream cheese-2 tbsp(I used Britania)
Parsely-1/4 tsp
Salt-a pinch
Method:

  1. Take  a nonstick pan and pour the packet of cream,add cream cheese and salt and give it a stir and off the flame.
  2. Heat olive oil in another pan and saute onions for few minutes,add chopped spinach,herbs and salt to taste.
  3. Cook for sometime and keep it aside.

How to proceed:

  1. Preheat the oven for 15 minutes at 150 deg F.
  2. Take a borosil rectangular dish and grease olive oil,spread some  pasta sauce.
  3. Arrange the lasagne sheets(I arranged 3 sheets in one layer).
  4. Next spread some cream cheese mixture,spinach mixture and grated cheese.
  5. Repeat the procedure until you finish and finaly garnish with lots of cheese.
  6. You may also garnish with herbs of your choice.
  7. Cover it with a foil and bake for 30 minutes at 150 deg F,later open the foil and bake for 10 minutes.
  8. Change the mode to grill and grill for 10 more minutes for browning the cheese.
  9. Once it browns take it out from the oven and let it stand for 15 -20 minutes before you serve.



My notes:

Labels: