Tandoori paneer tikka

Most of us enjoy paneer as kids,but Im the odd one here, I'm not a paneer fan, though I don't mind cooking it for my kids. But I do eat paneer in small takes.As a kid,I never used to like milk and milk products.Once I got my own kids I realized the importance,benefits and started to  consume in small proportions.My amma used to always tell me you Me wont know the importance now,once you get your own kids you'll  me  come to know.Now isn't that a common saying told by most of the concerned mothers?But I do agree with her....K coming back to the tikka,the most favorite  thing I enjoy eating is the grilled,crunchy and charred onions.I just love to eat when it gets  burnt.So whenever we order paneer tikka or any tikka at the restaurant ,the ghaas phoos (veggies) are given to me.This was yesterday nights starter and my dinner was complete after my bhabhi Santoshi parceled me tandoori prawns which she had prepared.She prepares the best tandoori prawns being a eggetarian... You may prepare this tikka with sea food like prawns,boneless fish, veggies like babycorn,potato,cauliflower or even mixed veggies which makes an excellent veg tandoori platter.



Ingredients:
Paneer-200 gms, cubes
Red bell pepper-1 ,cubed
Green bell pepper-1 ,cubed
Yellow bell pepper-1.cubed
Onions-2,cubed
Cherry tomatoes-few
bamboo skewers-few
Ghee-2-3 tsp (to brush the tikkas),optional



Ingredients for the marination:
Hung curds-400 gm
Tandoori masala powder-3 tsp
Chilly powder-2 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder-1 tsp
Parsley-1 tsp
Ginger garlic paste-1-2 tsp



Method:

  1. Apply the ingredients under marinade to the paneer cubes and marinate for an hour.
  2. Marinade the bell peppers,onions and tomato in the leftover masala.
  3. Meanwhile soak the wooden skewers in water for an hour in order to avoid burning while grilling.
  4. Preheat the oven at 200  deg C for 10 minutes in the grill mode.
  5. Insert red bell pepper,green bell pepper,yellow bell pepper,onion,cherry tomato,paneer in the skewer.
  6. Again repeat the procedure alternatively,arrange it in the grill tray of your OTG.
  7. Grill it for 15 minutes at 200 deg  C,turning the sides occasionally and once you remove it out brush it with ghee.
  8. Serve it hot as a starter with green chutney, onions and lime.


My notes:
You may also prepare this in Microwave convection mode.
You may also prepare this in tawa.
I used Bajaj OTG for this preparation
You may or may not marinade the veggies.

Labels: