Snowball cookies(Eggless)

      Jingle bells ,jingle bells,jingle all the way....December month  means Christmas season and new year celebrations and has always been my favorite month.Even though we are Hindus ,I studied in a Christian school and had an exposure towards all the festivals.We used to  have a gala time during Christmas celebrations at school where we used to take part in the  crib competition and Christmas carols.Nostalgia...
               Snowball cookies were dancing in my mind past few days.Whichever blog I visited recently, the first thing caught my attention was Snowball cookies or Snowball melts.It is said that it is prepared during Christmas time and the name is due to their shape and color.Yes,it was just looking like small cotton snowballs and it just melts like snow, the moment you put it your mouth . 
                          And finally I baked it today,and this is the first Christmas goody which I baked this season and for my blog.When I was kneading the dough I was very tempted to eat it,because it had such a nice fragrance of vanilla and most important but  not the least,these snowy s are eggless. I referred several blogs for the recipe but I was impressed by the way Sharmi  had explained stepwise in her blog and her s  is one of my favorite blog too.For more information also refer here.I liked Divyas version from her Easy cooking  too.

Recipe adapted from-Sharmis passion

Yields-12 snowballs


Ingredients:
Maida (All purpose flour)-3/4 cup
Cornflour-1/4 cup
Salt-a pinch
Sugar powdered-3 tbsp
Unsalted butter-1/2 cup
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Chopped nuts-2tbsp(I used cashews)
Topping:
Powdered sugar-1/4 cup



Method:
  1. Take a bowl and whisk together butter,essence and sugar powder.
  2. Beat well until creamy.
  3. Add chopped nuts and whisk again.
  4. In a separate bowl sieve maida,cornflour and salt and add it to the butter mixture.
  5. Mix well to form a dough ,no need to knead much.
  6. Cover it with a damp cloth and refrigerate it for 30- 40 minutes.
  7. After setting in the fridge the dough will turn firm and it will be easy to pinch balls.
  8. Now pinch equal sized balls and meanwhile preheat the oven at 150 deg C for 10 minutes.
  9. Line a baking tray with butter paper or parchment paper and arrange these balls spacing about 1” apart.
  10. Bake at 150 deg C for 20 minutes,until the base turns slight brown..
  11. The top doesn't change color so not to worry.
  12. If you are not able to form a dough add a tsp of milk and bind together.
  13. Once done take it out from the oven and place it on a wire rack for 3-4 minutes.
  14. When cookies are still warm roll it into powdered sugar..
  15. Once cooled completely you may store it in an airtight container.
  16. Next thing is attackkkkkkkkkkk,that is what I did.



Labels: