Raw peanuts-1/2 cup
Chana dal(split bengal gram dal)-1/2 cup
Mustard seeds-1 tsp
Turmeric powder(haldi powder)-1 tsp
Fenugreek seeds(methi seeds)- 5-6 seeds
Chickpea flour-3-4 tsp
Tamarind pulp-2 tbsp
Jaggery powder-1 tsp
Salt to taste
Goda masala – 1 ½ tsp *
Garlic -3-4 *
- Soak the peanuts and chana dal together for 7-8 hours or overnight.
- Pressure cook the soaked ingredients for 3-4 whistles adding 1 ½ tsp salt.
- Wash the palak thoroughly and chop it finely.
- Heat the oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds,add hing,methi,chopped green chillies, turmeric powder and fry for a second.
- Turn the heat on medium and add chopped palak leaves,close the lid and cook for sometime.
- After couple of minutes add besan and mash it with a masher so that lumps are removed and it gets blended well.
- Once the spinach gets mashed well add boiled ingredients,salt to taste, tamarind pulp and jaggery.
- Serve it hot with rice or roti.
You may also add Cashewnuts and goda masala.(I did not add both).
You may also add garlic while seasoning,but I did not add since hing was added.
Keep the dish medium thin.