I was just going through my recipes books yesterday and found this recipe of Pitla in Tarla Dalal s book and found very tempting.I had tasted spring onion pitla several times prepared by my bhabhi S. Pitla or zunka is a popular Maharastrian dish.Goes well with bajra or jowar roti.I love Maharastrian food very much. Methi is fenugreek leaves which has lot of health benefits.Methi enhances the taste of the pitla and is very delicious in taste.I have already posted Methi pulav recently.
Recipe adapted from:Tarla Dalals book
Gram flour(besan)-1 cup
Fenugreek leaves(methi leaves)-1 cup (chopped)
Green chillies-3,slit into 2
Asafoetida (hing)-2 pinches
Chilly powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Oil- 1 tbsp
- Take a bowl ,mix besan and water and whisk it until smooth.
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry onions for a while.
- Add the methi leaves,green chillies and asafoetida and fry again for a while.
- Add chilly powder,turmeric powder and pour the gram flour mixture,salt to taste and cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot with roti,garlic chutney and onion.
Glimpse of fenugreek or methi leaves.
Labels: North Indian Gravies