Chocolate chip muffins

Chocolate chip muffins is one of the favorite muffin of my kids.Its been a while since I have been baking this and has become my signature muffins. Infact these were the first muffins I ever baked and I succeeded in the first attempt itself.I came across these muffins in Apy Cooking which I followed exactly as per her instructions.When I was first baking this, my baker buddy  Lakshmi guided me on how to place the liners and stuff ,so it was of great help...My son proudly takes this in his tiffin and shares it with his friends.And since Christmas is the season,baked  goodies is the best thing to post.It reminds me only of CAKES AND JUST CAKES.Would want to learn cake decoration soon.My kids are already set for the Christmas season,their favorite part is the Christmas gifts which Santa,my husband Sanjay showers on them every year.

Recipe source:Apy Cooking


Yields-9 muffins



Ingredients:
All purpose flour(maida)-2 cups
Sugar-1/2 cup +1 tbsp
Baking powder-1 tbsp.
Salt-1/4 tsp
Semi sweet chocolate chips-3/4 cup
Egg-1
Vanilla essence-1 ½ tsp
Milk-1 cup
Oil-1/2  cup
Topping:
Semi sweet chocolate chips-1/4 cup
Brown sugar-2 tbsp ( or regular sugar)I used Dermera sugar


Method:


  1. Combine flour,sugar ,baking powder and salt.
  2. Pour chocolate chips ,mix well and keep aside.
  3. In a large bowl beat egg,milk,oil and essence together until smooth.
  4. Add flour mixture to the above mixture little by little and mix it gently.
  5. Preheat the oven to 160 deg C for 10 to 15 minutes,meanwhile grease the muffin tray and arrange the liners.
  6. Fill each muffin cup with the help of a ice cream scooper or spoon until ¾ th .
  7. Mix ¼ cup chocolate chips with brown sugar and sprinkle on the muffins little bit.
  8. Bake for 20 minutes at 160 deg C until brown in color.


Labels: