Zebra cake

Huff and Puff!Here I blow the candle.Yes,its my babies blogs first month Happy Birthday,just like a child would say, lol. Yes,Its the  first month anniversary.So to make this day memorable I baked Z for  Zebra cake.For nearly two years I had just admired this beauty and had told myself "this is not my cuppa  tea." And today this is  my third attempt on this cake.First time I had baked an eggless version for my bday,2nd time for my daughters b'day with eggs and third time OO la la its today. Of course my choice is eggless  over eggs, when it comes to baking, but no one can stop me from baking and cooking for my family and you people(visual).I have explored many blogs on this cake and to name a few divyas ,aparna Mallya s   Faridas  and many more blogs.And these folks  have explained the method step wise so easily I could memorize the whole recipe and bake it without seeing the notes. Definitely I thought this was a challenging job, but  no,this was one of the most easiest and  now, my most favorite cake.While layering this cake alternatively I did tap my feet"one two cha cha cha". So it was really fun.My daughter suggested to name this  as cheetah cake or tiger cake  but I decided to retain this striped beauty  as Zebra cake itself.Whoever has introduced this cake my humble bow to them.I wont say all my attempts were successful but it wasn't bad either.So ladies and gentlemen,here I present before you'll the striped beauty ZEBRA CAKE. :D 



Ingredients:
Flour-2 cups
Eggs-4
Milk- 1 cup
Oil-1 cup
Sugar-1 cup
Vanilla essence-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1 tbsp
Cocoa powder-2 tbsp

Method:
  1. In a large bowl beat eggs one by one till frothy.
  2. Add sugar and whisk until creamy.
  3. Add vanilla essence,oil and milk and continue whisking until well blended.
  4. Sieve maida and baking powder in a separate bowl.
  5. Add the maida mixture to the wet mixture little by little and beat till the batter is smooth.
  6. Take 2 equal sized bowls and divide the mixture equally.
  7. Keep one portion plain.
  8. Add cocoa powder to the other.
  9. Pre heat the oven to 180 degree Celsius(350 degree F)
  10. Assembling of the cake:
  11. Grease the 9 inch round tin.
  12. Scoop 3 heaped tbsp of plain batter into middle of the baking tin.
  13. Then scoop 3 heaped tbsp of  the cocoa mixture and pour it on top of the plain batter.
  14. Continue this way until you finish both the batters.
  15. Bake for 40 minutes or till done.


Farida's important tips:

  1. Do not stop and wait until previous batter spreads,keep going.
  2. Do not spread or tilt the pan to distribute the mixture.
  3. It will spread by itself and fill the tin gradually.
  4. Do not open the oven for 20 minutes after baking or else the cake will get sunk.
  5. Cool it completely before u cut.


Labels: