Ginger prawns

I adapted this recipe from  Kudpiraj's Garam Tawa.When my dear friend Kudpi maam posted this dish in his blog I drooled at the first sight itself and wanted to prepare it immediately.This is indeed a very tasty dish and reminds me of restaurant style ginger prawns.I modified the recipe with slight changes as per my  needs.For step wise details of this recipe please visit Kudpiraj's Garam tawa.Thanks a lot maam for this wonderful recipe.When it comes to seafood I'm no less than a cat,lol..I can just live on seafood....Please do try this finger licking recipe.

Ingredients:
Prawns-500gms
Vinegar-1 tsp
Pepper powder-1/2 tsp
Salt – to taste
Ginger garlic paste-1 tbsp
Cumin powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander powder-1 tsp
Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
Tomato-2 (pureed)
Onions- 2 (deep fried and paste)
Sugar-a pinch
Kasuri methi(dried fenugreek leaves)-1 tsp
Tomato sauce-1 tsp
Oil- 2 tbsp
Coriander leaves –to garnish


Method:
  1. Marinade the prawns with vinegar,salt and pepper powder for an hour.
  2. Heat  oil in a pan and fry brown onion paste for a minute.
  3. Fry ginger garlic paste for a minute,add  all the powders,tomato puree,sugar and saute until the oil separates.
  4. Add tomato sauce,prawns,kasuri methi and salt to taste and cook till done.
  5. Garnish with coriander leaves.
  6. Serve it hot with roti or rice.






Labels: