Fry paste or guli as in Konkani is a traditional paste which we prepare and store it for few days especially when any function is nearing or I can say, we prepare it on the D day itself and the surplus paste we store.This paste or masala is used in most of the fried dishes in both veg and non-veg.It is very handy if you store this.The reason to add this recipe is I will post recipes of various types of phodis(fries) as and when possible.We also prepare the instant paste which I will post in the coming days.
Long red chillies-6-8
Short red chillies-5
Coriander seeds-1/2 tsp
Asafoetida-a small pinch
Turmeric powder-a pinch
- Soak the rice for an hour and grind it with all the ingredients given above in the blender without adding water to somewhat fine paste.
- Use a spoon and scoop it out from the blender and store it in a clean and airtight container.
- Use it as and when required.
- You may adjust the red chillies according to your taste.
- To get a dark red color you may use Kashmiri chillies.
Labels: How to?