Flour tortillas are the Mexican unleavened flat bread.It is usually used to prepare Quesadillas.I have already posted Veg quesadilla recipe recently which was my 100th post .Flour tortillas are most famous in USA in the preparation for burritos.Tortilla is a Spanish name which means small cake.For me it is the Indian version of roti or chapati. The stuffing can be either veg or non veg.Tortilla s can be prepared with the wheat flour also.
Ingredients for the flour tortillas:
Maida(all purpose flour)-2 cups
Water-as much needed to knead the dough(around ½ cup of warm
- In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients and knead
with warm water to a soft dough like of chapati dough and let it sit
for 10- 15 minutes.
- Make round balls as big as a lemon and roll it into thin discs like
a chapati(may be 7 in circle).
- Heat a iron griddle and fry the tortilla on both the sides pressing in
between so that it doesn't puff up.
- Don't over fry the tortillas and the recipe says avoid using non stick
- Keep the tortillas covered
in a casserole.
- Use it in the making of quesadilla.