Black magic cake


Black magic cake or hersheys black magic cake is truly a rich and beautiful cake.I baked this for my nephews 1st bday. The cake came out fantastic  and I baked it in my new OTG where the outcome was simply mind blowing. Coming back to the frosting I tried my level best but wasn't a neat job.I adapted the cake recipe from Hersheys and chocolate butter cream frosting from Alice's blog.The cake turned  out very soft and tasty.My house was fully filled with the aroma of chocolate while the baking process was going on and we were all drooling .




Ingredients:
Sugar-2cups
All purpose flour-1 ¾ cups
Cocoa powder-3/4 cup(I used Hintz)
Baking soda-2 tsp
Baking powder-1 tsp
Salt-1 tsp
Eggs-2
Buttermilk-1 cup
Strong black coffee-1 cup or 2 tsp powdered instant coffee plus 1 cup boiling water
Vegetable oil-1/2 cup
Vanilla essence-1 tsp



Method:
  1. Preheat the  oven to 350 F (180 C), sieve and stir together sugar,flour cocoa,baking powder,baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
  2. In another bowl beat eggs one at a time,add buttermilk,oil,essence and beat with the electric beater until frothy.
  3. Add sieved flour mixture little by little and beat it further until you finish all the mixture.
  4. Scrape off the sides and beat it further until you get a smooth mixture.
  5. Grease and flour two 9” round baking pans or one 13*9*2  inch  baking pan.
  6. Add the cake batter and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
  7. Insert a wooden pick at the centre of the cake  to check if it is baked,if it comes out clean cake is done.
  8. Cool for 10 minutes,remove from pans to wire racks  and cool it completely.
  9. Frost as desired.
  10. You may enjoy it with vanilla ice cream.

My notes:

I did chocolate butter-cream frost ,but my frosting wasn't a clean job.
For frosting you may follow this link of  Alice

And there goes the last piece

Labels: