Assorted fish fries

Yesterday was Naraka Chaturdashi,2nd day of Diwali,and I was very busy cooking all delicacies and not to forget to mention, it is one of my favorite day of Diwali. The main reason to be my favorite is we Konkanis do Ganga pooja ,have oil bath,wear new clothes,light crackers,light diyas(oil lamps) and most IMPORTANT  is we cook SEAFOOD,my favorite.And my menu was deep fried  seer fish(Visonu thallale) and deep fried pomfret(maanji thallale).I had a feast dining traditionally in a plantain leaf,exclusively fish meal only,followed by Chocolate dad ice cream from Pabbas(famous ice cream parlor),  brought by my  sister.It was a complete meal, for atleast me.Dining in the plantain leaf with seafood preparation  gives an extra punch.So do try to have  a meal in the plantain leaf if you didn't have so far.




Method:
  1. Wash the fish thoroughly and marinate with salt and keep it for an hour.
  2. Next marinate the fish with the   Fry paste  and keep it for 3-4 hours(optional).
  3. Dust the marinated fish in rice flour and deep fry in coconut oil.
  4. Serve it hot.
  5. You may also shallow fry the fish.
  6. You may also dust it with fine semolina(rawa).





Labels: ,