Recipe adapted from-Nita Mehta
Ingredients for the paste:
chillies ( soaked in water for 10 minutes)- 3
fresh beans- 1-2 (sliced very finely)- (3-4 tbsp)
Dried mushrooms- 1-2 tbsp or 2-3 fresh mushrooms(chopped)
(thickly grated)- ½ cup
powder- ½ tsp ( or to taste)
– 6 tbsp mixed with ½ cup water
You can also add cooked and shredded chicken pieces for the hot and sour chicken soup.
- Soak dry red chillies in a little water for 10 minutes.
- For the
chilli-garlic paste, drain the red chillies and grind red chillies, garlic and
vinegar roughly with 2 tbsp water in a small coffee or spice grinder.
- If dry mushrooms are available, soak them in hot water for ½ hour to soften.
thoroughly to clean the dirt in them and cut away the hard stem portion and then
cut into smaller pieces.
- Heat 2
tbsp oil and add beans and mushrooms.
- Stir fry for 1-2 minutes on high flame.
cabbage and carrots and stir for a few seconds.
chilli-garlic paste, sugar, salt, pepper, Soya sauce, vinegar and tomato
ketchup and boil for 2 minutes.
- Add 6
cups of water and the seasoning cubes.
cornflour paste, stirring continuously.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes till the soup turns
- Check salt and remove from fire and serve hot.
I have not added mushrooms.