- To make 1 cup of dal, add
atleast 2-3 cups of water, depending on the type of dal.
- Soak whole pulses overnight
and other dals for one hour before cooking.
- Always add hot water to the
gravy to enhance the taste.
- Add 1 Tbsp of hot oil to the
dough for making Kachories or Kulchas.
- Always use heavy bottomed
vessels to make desserts, in order to avoid burning.
- Make desserts with full
cream milk, to get thick creamy texture.
- Whenever curd is to be added
to the masala, it should be beaten well and add gradually.
- Chop some extra vegetables,
for next day stir fry.
- Use the leftover dal water
to make rasam or sambar.
- Never discard water in which
vegetables are cooked, use it in gravies, soups, rasam or sambhar.
- Onions and masala are fried
in the cooker body itself, raw vegetables are added to that with enough
salt and water. Cook under pressure according to the cooking time of the
vegetable. This method helps us minimise our cooking time, use of utensils
and nutrients are also preserved.
Labels: Kitchen tips