Red Velvet cupcake (Updated)


                    Hello Readers!This is my first post in the space and I would like to share the recipe with something sweet .I love baking and I tried my hands on red velvet cake .My first attempt gave me Orange colored velvet cupcake.But I did not give up and I tried few attempts until I got the right colour.
                   Red velvet is a  fancy cake where a person will fall in love at the very first sight.It is often frosted with cream cheese.But  here,in Mangalore we do not get good quality cream cheese though I tried twice using Britannia cream cheese ,it did not give me the desired result.So currently I frost with buttercream.
               Always remember one important thing, anytime while baking or cooking keep all your ingredients ready before hand so that you don't have to run around, mess up and panic. I was first inspired to bake this cup cake from a member of a food group (Vandana Pai Badal) 

Recipe adapted from : Joy of baking







Ingredients: 
Self raising flour or maida-1 ¼ cup
Baking powder-1/4tsp
Salt- ¼ tsp
Cocoa powder-1tbsp
Unsalted butter-1/2 cup (room temperature)
Sugar-3/4 cup
Egg-1 large
Vanilla essense-1/2 tsp
Buttermilk-1/2 cup
Red liquid food colour-1 tbsp

Mixture:
White vinegar-1/2 tsp
Baking powder-1/2 tsp



Method:
 1)In a bowl mix all the dry ingredients like flour,salt,baking powder and cocoa powder.
 2)In another bowl whisk butter for few seconds and then add egg and whisk it again.
 3)Then add sugar,essence and whisk till smooth.
 4)In another bowl mix buttermilk and colour.
 5)Add flour and buttermilk mixture into parts into the butter batter whisking all the time.
 6)See that lumps are not formed and scrape down everything from the sides and whisk until you a get smooth mixture.
 7)Lastly add baking powder in the vinegar and add in the batter to get a frothy batter.
 8)Grease the muffin tray and fill the batter in the muffin cups until half.
 9)Preheat the oven and bake for 20 -30 mts at 150F.
 10)Check it with a toothpick if its done.
 11)Take it out  and let it cool.

Cream Frost:
Ingredients:
Cream cheese-227g
Icing sugar - 11/2 cup
Whipping cream - 116ml / 2/3 cup

Method:
 1)Whisk cream cheese and then add whipping cream.
 2)Whisk until creamy .
 3)Refrigerate it until until u  use it.
 4)Decorate it on the top of the muffins either by using a nozzle or with the spoon.







Labels: