Raja pannaphkari is a traditional Konkani preparation.This is a very spicy dish.Raja means Mackerels and pannaphkari means curry made with chillies.I'm a sea food lover and my loved ones call me "jhalke majjar" in our mother tongue Konkani which means I love fish as much as cat loves fish.This recipe is of my mother.So here goes the recipe.
Onions-5 chopped finely
Chilly powder-4-5 tsp
Tamarind pulp-marble sized
Water-As much as needed for the gravy.
Salt – to taste
- Clean and cut the fish into medium sized pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai and fry onions till reddish in color.
- Simmer the flame and add chilly powder and fry for few
- You may also off the flame and fry chilly powder so that it doesn't burn.
- Add tamarind pulp,water as much as needed to adjust the gravy and salt to taste.
- Take a boil and add fish pieces and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Relish it with boiled rice.