Pancharangi pulav is a colourful pulav with full of nutrition. Pancharangi means five colors.This is one of my favorite pulav
which is very mild in flavor.I adapted this recipe from Sanjeev kapoors recipe book.
Basmathi rice-1 ½ cups (soaked for 15 minutes)
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
French beans-6-8 cut into 1’ pieces
Cauliflower-1/2 medium sized,separated into small florets
Green peas-1/4 cup
Capsicum-1 medium ,cut into 1” pieces
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- Add the cinnamon,cardamoms,cloves,peppercorns,bay leaves and
cumin seeds and saute till fragrant.
- Add the onions and saute till translucent.
- Add the carrot,french beans,cauliflower and green peas and
cook for one minute.
- Add the soaked rice and stir fry for one minute.
- Stir in 4 cups of water and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cook stirring occasionally over medium
heat for 3-4 minutes or until all the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in in the capsicum,lower heat and cook,covered,for 6-8
minutes or till the rice and vegetables are cooked.
- Remove from from heat and leave to stand for five minutes.
- Serve hot with raita or gravy.