Khandvi is a traditional Gujarati dish.It is a delicious savory made with gram flour.There are several methods of this recipe.In some recipes they add curds and It is prepared in the microwave too.I practiced this several times and finally succeeded one day after my bhabhi
Santoshi gave me the demo at my place.Thanks a lot Santoshi :)
Besan (gram flour) -1/2 cup
Water-1 1/2 cup
Turmeric -a pinch
Extract of ginger (1/4 ")
and green chilly(1/2)
Salt and sugar to taste
Curry leaves-5-6 sprigs
Green chillies -1 chopped finely
Coriander leaves to garnish-2 tsp
Thali- 2 big
1) Combine the besan in the water without forming lumps in a bowl.
2) Add extract of ginger and green chilly.
3) Add salt and sugar to taste.
4) Then keep it on the slow flame and keep stirring continuously until
it leaves the sides and becomes thick.
5) Don't stop stirring even for a second.
6) It will take about 25 minutes.
7) Divide the batter into two portions and pour the dough on the inverted side of a thali and then spread it as soon as possible,wait for a minute to cool,cut it into thin
strips and roll each strip from one end to the other with your fingers gently like a swiss roll.
8) Temper it with mustard seeds and curry leaves.
9) Garnish with coriander leaves and chopped green chilly(optional)
Imp tip :To test the dough, put a little dough on a inverted side of a small plate,spread thinly and try to roll it,if it rolls without breaking khandvi is ready.
You may also spread the khandvi in the clean kitchen platform.