Chicken satay is a very famous Malaysian street food.It has the succulent taste and it is very delicious to eat.We were first exposed to this dish by my sister when she took us to Yo china restaurant when it had just started in Mangalore.But now the restaurant is closed for the reasons unknown.My kids enjoy this dish to the core.At present we get excellent Chicken Satay in Hao Ming restaurant.This dish is very easy to prepare and the meat cooks very fast in a grill pan.This dish is served with peanut sauce or special Satay sauce.
Chicken breast pieces -cut into strips as shown in the picture,10 strips
Ghee to fry the satay-2 tbsp
Turmeric powder-a pinch
Soya sauce-4 tsp
Pepper powder-1/4 tsp
Bamboo skewers (soaked in water for 2 hours to avoid burning)-10
- Slice each chicken breast into long strips with a sharp knife.
- Pat it with the knife to flatten a little bit.(I used a meat tenderizer)
- Marinate the chicken with the spices written under marinade.
- Thread the marinated chicken strips onto the bamboo satay sticks.
- Marinate for 2-3 hours.
- Take a grill pan and fry it in ghee on both the
sides till it gets cooked
- Serve it with the satay sauce or peanut sauce.
For the Special satay sauce recipe click here
Labels: Chicken, Non veg starters