Bili holige is a dish from Karnataka and is famous in Bangalore.Bili means white in Kannada.Holige means stuffed paratha.But in this recipe I am not using any stuffing.There are various recipes and names for this rotti.This dish is prepared by using Chiroti rawa.Chiroti rawa is very fine wheat rawa.This chapati is very soft and very tasty .No one can eat just one.
- Bring the water to a gentle boil and add salt.
- Dunk the chiroti rawa into the water and mix it thoroughly.
- Remove from flame and let it cool for 5 minutes .
- Once cool enough to handle,remove it onto a bowl add ghee, knead it well into a soft dough.
- Now pinch small ball out of the dough,smoothening,flattening each ball slightly between your palms as you go.
- To roll all the roti,place the dough balls in the floured surface,using your fingers spread it out even as you smooth the edges with your other hand.
- Take a rolling pin and roll out thin chapathis.
- Heat a griddle and fry the rottis on both the sides.
- Transfer it into the box or hot case, close the lid and keep, so that it remains soft
it with gravy of your choice.